Who we are
The World Barbecue Association together with our affiliated members throughout the world, are proud of our rapidly growing organization !
Only mankind is capable of controlling the element of FIRE. In the WBQA fire is used as an instrument to promote a positive way of life, showing respect to all. Every country worldwide is welcome to participate, regardless of religion or race. We believe in the good of all people ! Our corporate mission is respect and tolerance through FIRE, FOOD, FRIENDSHIP and – ESPECIALLY – FUN ! We have a lot of information about the WBQA here on our website. If you are not already affiliated and familiar with the WBQA, we hope we can help you make your decision to “meet new and old friends from around the World through the sport of barbecue competition, through the medium of FIRE, FOOD, FRIENDSHIP and FUN !”
“May you always be surrounded by good friends and great barbecue !”
Fire Food Friendship and Fun!
The World BBQ Association is about meeting new and old friends from around the world through fire, food, friendship and especially – fun !
We are international not-for-profit organisation and we celebrate the culinary and cultural differences of every country worldwide through national, European and international BBQ contests.
Many WBQA sanctioned championships have held in Europe and all over the world since 1996, and our organisation continues to go from strength to strength.
OUR GOALS LISTED BELOW
- To support BBQ that is safe and healthy
- To promote the highest ethical standards for competition and – importantly – support an eco / green ethos which includes waste food management, recycling of all aluminum products, and the use of FSC approved BBQ fuel
- To keep members informed about BBQ competitions throughout the world
- To sanction WBQA national, European and International BBQ events
- To provide the official results of all WBQA sanctioned BBQ events
- To ensure that our WBQA sanctioned BBQ events effectivelly includes and welcomes the public at large
- To provide opportunities for marketing and the selling of BBQ and grilling devices, accessories, leisure-time equipment and food at our WBQA sanctioned BBQ events
- To continue to publicize new BBQ products and trends, both here on our website and also on Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WorldBarbecueAssociation
- To offer the media full access to our events, so that their reports will spread positive messages worldwide